Unity Interface in 10.10 Netbook Edition

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 03:12:03 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 07:46, Tarun Khanna <tarunkhanna at gmail.com> wrote:
> At some point this thread digressed from the original topic, but I guess
> that's fine.

It didd, but at least it was interesting :)

> As suggested earlier I posted my concern on the ubuntu devel mailing list.
> Apparently all of them are known issues and they are working on them.

phew.

> I switched the desktop to regular Ubuntu Desktop and am happy once again.
> There was a huge performance improvement, even flash plays a lot smoother. I
> never realized that poor performance of flash was due to Unity.

Can I ask how you did that? I tried logging into the Ubuntu Desktop
from the Gnome login screen, but I still get the NBR interface :(

> A not for all the noobs. Please DO NOT install the Netbook Edition on your
> netbooks or nettops. It's pathetically slow and doing so runs the risk of
> giving you a bad impression of Ubuntu and Linux. Ubuntu is an amazing
> distribution of Linux and Linux in general is awesome.

+1

cheers
L.

--
Not good enough for Republicans. Peter Diamond, a 70-year-old
economist at MIT, just won the Nobel Prize in Economics. Peter