Not a desperately urgent request but a quick solution would be very nice - it's about a Biorhythm program

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Sat Oct 30 18:06:57 UTC 2010

Hello Ric,

Saturday, October 30, 2010, 10:41:19 AM, Ric wrote:

RM> On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 17:43 -0700, rikona wrote:
>> Hello Steve,
>>
>> Friday, October 29, 2010, 2:57:39 PM, Steve wrote:
>>
>> SF> quick google gives
>>
>> SF> http://biorhythms-calculator.canadian-mind-products.qarchive.org/
>>

>> SF> Christ alone knows why you'd want to run drivel like this however -
>> SF> what's wrong with picking random numbers from /dev/random and
>> SF> predicting "lucky days" from that..
>>
>> That has been shown to work equally well... :-))

RM> He just asked a question. It's not up to anyone to judge for the
RM> OP whether it's good science or not.

The OP is, of course, free to judge for himself. It has been analyzed
by multiple, very competent people, in multiple places, with the same
statistical result - random selections are just as good. I was just
giving the OP a one-line summary of the good science that has been
done.

RM> Myself, I highly doubt it is.

Check it out yourself. Or, better yet, do the stats yourself. If you
DO get a different result, you can write a paper and be famous. :-)

RM> But, he must have had his own reasons for asking. Ergo, private
RM> matter.

Of course. It is, as with many other topics, a matter of belief. :-)
If you reeeeally want to believe that birthday biorhythms work, then
it is not likely any good science will change your belief...

A good topic for the Ubuntu off-topic list. :-))

--

 rikona