Safely Remove Drive needed twice

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sat Oct 30 03:34:10 UTC 2010

On 30/10/2010 13:29, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 30/10/2010 04:05, Mark wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 1:48 AM, Mark Widdicombe
>> <mwiddicombe at shoprite.co.za>   wrote:
>>

>>> My employers allow email access, but not internet.  Just above the left pane in Nautilus
>>> there is a button that allows one to choose between Tree, Places, Information,
>>> History, Notes and Emblems.  The pyramid symbols next to drives which allows them
>>> to be safely removed only appear when 'Places' mode is selected; they disappear when
>>> one of the other modes is selected.
>>>

>> (Fully realizing that this is now a 3-way dialogue....)
>>
>> I don't have a left pane in Nautilus.  (I mentioned this in my last posting.)
>>
>> How does one set that up?
>>
>> Mark
>>

> In View select the item Side Panel which should then give you the Tree View
>
> And about this one I don't know but you can try it: I always use the
> List View and not the Icon or Compact View
> (Edit>Preferences>Views>Default views>List.

Further to the above, see my response to the other Mark. The picture for
me has clarified a bit. You will get the left panel as per above but to
get the Tree View you need to PLACES (top of left panel) with Tree View
by clicking on the little down arrow next to that name.

BC

--
"Ning Yu displayed his wisdom while the country followed System, but when it did not, he acted stupid. His wisdom is achievable by others, his stupidity is not."
                                         Confucius