newreader

sdavmor sdavmor at systemstheory.net
Fri Oct 29 17:04:40 UTC 2010

On 10/29/2010 08:40 AM, fsosson at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would know newsreader available in Ubuntu.
>

> regards,
>
> Fred

It depends on what you want to do. I do all my newsgroup reading for
text groups using my email client, Thunderbird. It works very well
indeed.

If you're after harvesting binaries then it's a different issue
entirely. After having a go with several of the recommended binary
harvesters native to linux I went back to Newsbin (Windows, v5.88)
installed onto linux using the latest version of Wine. IMO it is
superior to anything I have tried that's native to linux. YMMV.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 AMD64 as my platform.
http://mikedickson.org.uk