Unity Interface in 10.10 Netbook Edition

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Fri Oct 29 16:47:24 UTC 2010

On 10/29/2010 11:14 AM, Christopher Chan wrote:
>> I have no use for flashy, bouncy, 3D, animated bloat.  What is the deal
>> with everyone wanting to jump on the bandwagon to make everything look
>> so garish?  OK, that is a rhetorical question, but this one is not:  Why
>> is there never an option "keep the same look and feel as the previous
>> version" of whatever particular package is being "upgraded"?
>>

> eg: KDE 3.5 won't be maintained anymore...

Only women, Girly-Men and children use KDE anyways. (You can tell: It's
got "plaster hello kitty on me" written all over it) :D All joking aside
though.  If they really don't give us to option to drop Unity quite
easily, I foresee Xbuntu picking up in popularity real quick.  I'm
already planning it all out because I can just feel the fail coming.
There are just too many draw backs, somebody outlined a lot of the
complaints I had about it already, including the fact that it also lacks
the ability to move the sidebar (which I would prefer on the right since
it's more ergonomic for me there) and it really pisses me off that it
crashes every damn time you close Firefox.