Unity Interface in 10.10 Netbook Edition

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Fri Oct 29 09:01:58 UTC 2010

On Friday 29 October 2010 09:30:41 am Christopher Chan wrote:
> On Friday, October 29, 2010 03:21 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> > Having said this, I am getting REALLY peed-off with the whole thing in
> > the Linux world and am considering going back to Windows.
>
> Basil,
>
> There is always Openindiana or StormOS or even Mac OS X.

This probably is OT, but when reading this (and googling to know more about
Openindiana and StormOS) it made me think of this strange and elusive thing
called GNU Hurd.

Since I've started using Linux I think I've been reading the same text on
their web site (http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/hurd.html)

"The GNU Hurd is under active development. Because of that, there is no stable
version."

Anyone know if this "Hurd" is more than vaporware? I mean after ten years
of "active development".....

Thierry