Checking hard disk with fsck

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 29 05:41:15 UTC 2010

On 29/10/2010 13:23, Li Li wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 11:57 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>>   Considering that the same device,
>> which I use, has always been recognised by all other Linux distros I
>> thought that I would download and install Knoppix to see for myself. I
>> installed Knoppix 6.2.
>>
> You don't install it!  Well, you can, but then you just get a somewhat
> broken Debian and Klaus says "why not just use Debian?"  It is meant to
> be used as a liveCD or as I do with the contents of the DVD written to
> HD and a persistent home image file.

Oh.....I see....I didn't know that.....You don't install it. You just
waste time downloading some 700MB of stuff, burn it to a CD and then
carry the CD around your neck on a string like a charm-necklace....KOOL!
:-) .

Thanks for lighting the way for me. I'll stay well away from Knoppix
from now on, and just use some other useful app. to do things with an
HD....like System Rescue Disc :-) .

BC

--
"Ning Yu displayed his wisdom while the country followed System, but when it did not, he acted stupid. His wisdom is achievable by others, his stupidity is not."
                                         Confucius