Multibooting with Grub2

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Fri Oct 29 03:18:34 UTC 2010

On Friday 29,October,2010 10:35 AM, Liam Proven wrote:
> Yes, I understand, but the Grub2 from 2 of the distros pointed at the
> MBR, not at the partition. I'm not sure how to change this -

$ grub-install /dev/sdax
(terrifying warning sign will appear again)

> I uninstalled Grub2&  installed Lilo instead,
> but I'm not sure it's actually working.
> Good old Lilo. I kinda miss Lilo. You knew where you were with Lilo.

Heh heh, kinda of a regression, don't you think? There are various other
boot loaders, like Gag, Burg, EasyBcd (or something like that which
works with Vista/Wins7) but..... you can also use grub-l or grub2 as a
'primary' boot loader too and set all OS boots to their own partition so
you can "forgot to rerun it if you changed your kernel", and in its
'native' language too so it boots directly, except for windows, which it
chainloads.

Anyway, whatever works and whatever you are comfortable with; but I'd be
surprised if lilo works on the newer OS/disk formats.

Regards - Goh Lip