Is it possible to upgrade 7.04 to 10.04?

Rob Frohne kl7na.pskmail at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 15:20:49 UTC 2010

Hi Joel,

If the packages you have installed are important to you.  You can make a
file with them in it  and use that file to install them (if they are
still available in 10.10).

dpkg --get-selections > mypackages.txt
sudo dpkg --set-selections

are the commands you need.

One thing that works pretty well is if  you make a / partition so you
don't have to wipe out your home directory when you replace your
installation.  Gparted is useful if you didn't do this to begin with.

Best regards,

Rob

--
Rob Frohne, Ph.D., P.E.