ACPI interface

Joep L. Blom jlblom at neuroweave.nl
Thu Oct 28 12:28:09 UTC 2010

Since I installed 10.04, my panel applet monitoring the temperature
doesn't work any more.
I think the developers apparently use only Intel desktops and don't know
that the newer AMD-processors have different temperature sensors but a
working solution is using k10temp, which produces the module k10temp.ko
to add to the kernel modules.
Gkrellm sees the output and shows it OK. However, in 10.04 the applet
doesn't see the output of sensors.
To add to the problem the current version of sensors sees 2 different
adapters now a PCI-adapter served by k10temp-pci-00c3
and an interface: Adapter: ACPI interface served by: atk0110-acpi-0.
which gives the full info on temperature, voltage and fans.
My question: How can I change the temperature applet in such a way that
it shows the processor temperature.
For gkrellm a plugin (gkacpi2-0.5) is available but it will not compile
in Lucid due to a missing script: imlib-config which I cannot find but I
think it is too old (2002).
I hope somebody can help me a little further.
Joep