Canonical Ubuntu splits from GNOME over design issues

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Thu Oct 28 07:33:34 UTC 2010

On 10/28/2010 01:13 AM, Mark Widdicombe wrote:
> Good = looking like Windows?  What nonsense--the reason a lot of people moved to Linux
> is because of Windows' usability shortcomings.

No, the nonsense is the fact that you think Windows has usability
shortcomings when GNOME and KDE both mock the basic actions of Windows
UI and are by theory designed to provide a clean transition from Windows
to Linux by mocking the basic actions.  No, I'm not completely saying
everything is mocked and no, I'm not saying either stole from either
because that's not true.

I think instead of having beef with a company that succeeds you should
work more on your ability to understand Linux and promote Linux as Linux
instead of promoting Linux as "not windows."  Haters will be haters, but
most of the time haters are also ignorant to truth.