the menu bar disappeared in ubuntu-desktop

Rob Frohne kl7na.pskmail at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 06:10:22 UTC 2010

Hi Xiang,

I also had the same misfortune you did.  I tried the Unity window
manager and ran wxMaxima in it.  Then I went back to Gnome, and the menu
for wxMaxima was gone.  If I go back to Unity, the menu is there at the
top of the screen.  I tried uninstalling unity, creating a new account
and running wxMaxima there, and none of those things worked.  It doesn't
matter if the version of wxMaxima is 0.8.4 or 0.8.5; I have both on my
machine and both behave the same way.

I started a bug report at:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/667611

If you find a solution, I would really like to run Gnome and have the
wxMaxima menu bar back.

Thanks,

Rob

--