Unity and dual monitors?

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Thu Oct 28 05:18:03 UTC 2010

On 10-10-28 01:08 AM, Christopher Chan wrote:
> On Thursday, October 28, 2010 08:54 AM, Rashkae wrote:
>
>> On 10-10-27 04:40 PM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone here have any insight into whether Unity supports dual
>>> monitors?  I have been trying it on my desktop but it only puts itself
>>> onto one of my monitors and then crashes almost immediately.
>>> What am I doing wrong?
>>>
>>> Cybe R. Wizard
>>>

>> Sorry that I can't answer your question.  But if you are experimenting
>> because of the recently poorly announced news about changes for Natty, I
>> would hold off a bit longer.  If you find (sorry, i didn't save the
>> link) the actual Ubuntu design proposal, Ubiquity for desktop will be
>> very different than the current Netbook version.
>>
>> One key difference is that Ubiquity plans to ditch Mutter and replace
>> with Compiz, which many of us are already familiar with and comes with
>> lots of hardware support and utilities.
>>
> Is it Unity or Ubiquity?

Arrgh, I've been making that same mistake all day it seems.

Unity, this is all about Unity :)

And yes, things are shaking up.. It will be interesting to see what
future versions of Fedora decide to use for default desktop when they
get to Gnome 3.....No matter which way this goes, the future landscape
of gnome direction is about to get a serious makeover.