Unity and dual monitors?

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Thu Oct 28 00:54:52 UTC 2010

On 10-10-27 04:40 PM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> Does anyone here have any insight into whether Unity supports dual
> monitors?  I have been trying it on my desktop but it only puts itself
> onto one of my monitors and then crashes almost immediately.
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Cybe R. Wizard

Sorry that I can't answer your question.  But if you are experimenting
because of the recently poorly announced news about changes for Natty, I
would hold off a bit longer.  If you find (sorry, i didn't save the
link) the actual Ubuntu design proposal, Ubiquity for desktop will be
very different than the current Netbook version.

One key difference is that Ubiquity plans to ditch Mutter and replace
with Compiz, which many of us are already familiar with and comes with
lots of hardware support and utilities.