How to configure PC for wired/static and wired/DHCP networks?

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Wed Oct 27 13:04:42 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, October 27, 2010 08:45 PM, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 27 October 2010 13:43, Christopher Chan
> <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk>  wrote:
>> Not possible unless you have two interfaces. How is the software
>> supposed to know when to load the office network and when not to?
>>

> GPS? :)

I was seriously going to yap about authenticating the network when you
authenticate to the network but somehow I doubt his office network
requires 802.1x let alone anything out there that first checks for a
valid server certificate when authenticating and then falling back to
dhcp. In fact, I was curious about whether there will be out of the box
answers. Like yours. Just that nobody has done it yet and GPS on lappies
are also not yet standard and so on does not mean it cannot be done. Too
bad if your office is in a location that cannot receive GPS signals
though. :-p