Multibooting with Grub2

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Wed Oct 27 02:07:51 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 27,October,2010 09:37 AM, Liam Proven wrote:
> but it can't boot the Linuxes 'cos their Grub2s have gone.

The grub2s are still there. Understand XOSL cannot boot linuxes
'natively', but chainloads into other bootloaders to boot them. So if it
chainloads into a grub2 file which does not point into its own
partition, it won't boot.

> Grub2 issues terrifying warnings if I try to install it to the
> partition instead of the disk. Is this in fact safe?

Yes, it is safe (for non-newbies, like you).

Regards - Goh Lip

ps: suggest you create a grub rescue disk first. Makes very short work
to boot up instead of using livecd.