sending mail on ubuntu through sendmail

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Tue Oct 26 12:13:13 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, October 26, 2010 03:16 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 26/10/2010 17:44, Christopher Chan wrote:
>> On Tuesday, October 26, 2010 01:27 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
>>

>>> Alright, so calcpage hijacked the original thread, but since I deleted
>>> the original "Sending Mail...." by Stephen the thread stayed with calcpage.
>>>
>> Ah, that explains it I guess. PEBKAC.>:p
>>

>>> Nooooo....don't tell that YOUR mailer threads by Subject rather than
>>> message IDs? Better have it attended to.
>>>
>> Sigh. If you know how to do that for thunderbird, I'll take back the
>> PEBKAC. It keeps doing that will all subjectless posts and only
>> subjectless posts.
>>
>> /me starts pounding thunderbird with big metal spiked club.
>>

> Umm.....are you alright, Christopher?

Nope, currently fighting samba which refuses to use Kerberos
authentication and goes for NTLMv2 and thus not authenticating
workstations that want to install software from it.

> No flashing bright lights like fireworks in your vision? No choirs of
> angels singing, or voices telling you to do things?

Funny, how did you know what I'd get after banging my head against the wall?

> *WHAT* - "It keeps doing that will [sic] all subjectless posts....." -
> 'subjectless' posts?
>
> Point out one single 'subjectless post' in the screenshots I provided.

You are at it again. Where did I ever say anything about your
screenshots. You said my mail needs fixing and I agree and invite you to
show me how to fix it after which I will take back the PEBKAC. PEBKAC.
I'll give you another chance. Take a look, tell me how to fix
thunderbird and I'll take the PEBKAC back. Thanks for the picpaste.com
link though, didn't know about it.

http://picpaste.com/StupidThunderbirdThreading1-N0JvQJXi.png
http://picpaste.com/StupidThunderbirdThreading2-ox8ZttC8.png
http://picpaste.com/StupidThunderbirdThreading3-FjwqB33A.png