Asus M4a785-m and ntegrated ATI Radeon HD4200 output to 15" VGA Monitor and HDMI-TV

Luis Paulo luis.barbas at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 05:19:52 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 04:55, Mike McMullin <mmcmullin at cogeco.ca> wrote:
>> If I'm correct, I ask you to tell us if you can set your image on your
>> HDMI monitor, using only that monitor.
>
>  IIRC, no (not my system but a friends), the 15" VGA also has display
> problems.
>
>> If so, then try both displays. As I remember, setting the same image
>> in 2 monitors with different resolutions may not be that out of the
>> box.
>
>  Is that not that out of the box, as in possible, or not that out of the box
> as in not normally intended for the software to do?

IMHO, you (or your friend) shouldn't try to connect both monitors at
once until you are able to connect each one at a time. (sorry my
English)

About your second question, I'll say of course it is possible, it's
done all time with dual monitor presentations.
You can at least set the image to the smallest size and scale it to
the bigger monitor using that monitor resolution or its scaling
features.

But I don't know if it is possible to set the same image on both
monitors with different sizes. It mean, of course it will not be the
same image, but two representing the same "thing". And then you may
get to formats problems (one being 4:3 and the other 16:9)

I digress. As I said, I just wanted to share with you my experience on
setting an HDMI display and the overscan configuration with radeon
drivers, following Tony's post, hoping it may help you.

I'm no expert on the dual monitor subject, so I leave your question to
more experience members.

Regards