sending mail on ubuntu through sendmail

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 00:13:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-25 at 15:57 +0100, Jacob Mansfield wrote:
> the 'or else' was telling ofcom, as this is actualy illigal. my server
> is only on part time, so chances are you tried to send to it when it
> was off. but http://www.wormly.com/test_smtp_server says that it is up
> Jacob Mansfield
> Programmer
>

> On 25 October 2010 04:55, Christopher Chan
> <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
>         Hi Jacob,
>
>         I think you need to give them 'or else'. Packets to port 25
>         are being
>         dropped along with those to port 465/587 but I can ping your
>         ip address.
>         Are you sure Orange's policy allows you to receive connections
>         on port 25?

John, are you using a Blackberry or some sort of PDA to compose your
email? Just wondering why you top post 100% of the time, even after
being politely asked not to on this list. If you are using something
like that, it might prove helpful to have a tagline that announces that
fact, just so we won't think you are just being a hard-head. Ric

Linux user# 44256