Gyachi install problem...???

Larry larryesu at charter.net
Mon Oct 25 17:49:47 UTC 2010

On 10/24/2010 05:11 PM, David C. Curtis wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-10-24 at 12:51 -0500, Larry wrote:
>
>> On 10/24/2010 11:19 AM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> How to get a Lucid .deb:
>>> https://launchpad.net/~loell/+archive/ppa
>>>
>>> Cybe R. Wizard
>>>

>> *I've been at this URL, yet when I try too use the ppa, I get an error,
>> attached you will see what I am getting...
>> Also what does it mean here>>>
>> *Replace |ppa:user/ppa-name| with the PPA's location that you noted
>> above. ???
>>
>> *Any help on would be appreciated...
>>
> It means replace the above with "ppa:loell/ppa" (in your case).
>
> But as Cybe states it'll end up with a 404. Probably due to the fact
> that the i386 (32-bit) package's build status is 'failed', the amd64
> (64-bit) package seems to be available.
>
> I'd contact the PPA maintainer to see if he/she'll try to re-build i386.
> If not, you can try to download and locally install the karmic .debs
> (there's two packages for karmic), but it's questionable if that will
> succeed if dependencies have changed.
>
> Dave.

*Thanks Dave for the info, yet I am still have a hard time in getting it
to show uo in Synaptic, like it does on another Hard drive...
Man it really beats me how I did it before, and it works on the same
version Lucid, but now I can not get it, nor can I even compile it from
a tgz file...

It sure is a hard one to get working that is for sure...

Larry

*