KMAIL, reorginizing messages

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Mon Oct 25 13:36:56 UTC 2010

On 10/25/2010 07:56 AM, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
> Thunderbird still doesn't handle Maildir, which means that if you run kmail
> with the default settings you either loose all your mails or (maybe) have to
> export/import them. I quickly tested this and it did not work (Thunderbird's
> plugin would not read kmail's mbox archive).
>
> For me it's a show stopper, I can't see enough advantages in Thunderbird to go
> through this much work (plus I wouldn't want to change to mbox anyway).

You can switch your mail to MBox and then migrate.  I don't know if it
will automatically migrate it, but worth a backup and go? Don't get me
confused with them, I only use Thunderbird because the UI in evolution
calendar bugs me, it's a bit buggy so I'll be the last person to try and
push Thunderbird on you.