Flip Video Camera

Steve Grace sgrace at pobox.com
Sun Oct 24 03:24:10 UTC 2010

On 10/23/2010 07:32 PM, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-10-23 at 15:31 -0400, Mark C. Miller wrote:
>> I attended a conference recently where the give-away was a Flip Video
>> Camera.  What would your recommendation be for software to work with the
>> camera?  I find several video editing programs (Avidemux seems a
>> possibility), but would like a recommendation from someone who has some
>> experience with the software.  I've never edited a piece of video in my
>> life so can't really tell what a good option will be.
>
> Kino is a good choice for the complete video idiot. I use it all the
> time and works well for flash video. . :) Ric

Ric, does sound work OK for you in Kino? I kept losing the audio or
having sound sync problems the last time I tried it (in Ubuntu 8.10).
Kino's author indicates that Kino doesn't work well with PulseAudio.

The only video editor that works for me is Avidemux. It seems to be
designed more for trimming video clips (which it's excellent for) than
for putting together an edited video. I've used it to edit videos
together but it's not exactly user-friendly.