USB headset and Maverick

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 01:14:48 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-22 at 17:59 -0400, J wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 01:42, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I put pavucontrol on my task bar, so I can readily click on it to check
> > out what is going where. If you aren't getting sound to your usb
> > headset, check pavucontrol to set it manually as your output during
> > playback. Just select the playback tab, then select your USB headset
> > which should be selectable in the drop down. Should work like a charm.
> > But something has to be playing when you do this. Ric
>
> Yeah, thanks for that.  I still need to do some playing but I did
> install pavucontrol after your other post.  I appreciate the pointer,
> it certainly does make things a lot clearer.
>
> Hopefully I'll have some time to play with it later this weekend and
> see if I can sort this audio mess out.
>
> By the way, I have to ask, you aren't the Ric Moore who used to work
> for Red Hat (way back around 2000-2001) are ya?

1999-2000, yes! I manned the year 2000 desk that New Years when the end
of the computer world was supposed to happen. Which Jeff is this?? I'm
assuming that the Red Hat world I knew is long gone? I'm still loosely
in touch with "Uncle Bob". I miss my old Red Hat "family" in the tech
support group then. Ric

Linux user# 44256