internet in virtual machine not running

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Fri Oct 22 16:00:56 UTC 2010

On 22 October 2010 16:58, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 8:15 PM, Alan Pope <alan at popey.com> wrote:
>> On 22 October 2010 15:40, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I have removed Network Manager Gnome from my Ubuntu which is a virtual
>>> machine(Guest OS),I see the internet is no more running inside this
>>> Virtual Machine.
>>> While in other Virtual Machines (Other Linux) I had not removed
>>> Network Manager Gnome and I see internet is running fine in them.
>>>

>> This mail contains lots of statements but no questions.
> Ohh Sorry I forgot to type that.
> The question is there is no internet currently in my Virtual Machine
> and no ssh access.

Am I reading this right? You removed network-manager (the package that
sets up network connections) and wonder why the network connection is
not there?

have you configured the network manually now you have removed network manager?

Perhaps editing /etc/network/interfaces ?

What was the rationale behind removing network manager?

Al.