Problems installing on ACER travelmate 2301LM

Hakan Koseoglu hakan at koseoglu.org
Wed Oct 20 17:42:49 UTC 2010

On 20 October 2010 15:50, Tom Rausner <tom at rausner.dk> wrote:
> I have a mate who want to try out Ubuntu so he gave me an old
> ACER travelmate 2301LM and asked me to pour it in there. I started
> using the ordinary GUI installation but it got stock after a while.
> Then I tried the alternate textbased one. It got stock also but I
> could see the problem being the detection of the harddisk. I ripped
> it out and tried to find out what kind it was and the label gave this
> info;
To start with. you might have a duff disk. Are you sure it works?

The text installer works fine with 256MB of RAM (I've done a couple of
very old Travelmates, one with 196MB of RAM.

Finally, instead of installing stock (k)ubuntu, try lubuntu. (see
http://lubuntu.net). Works perfectly with a way older-than-yours Acer
at the mo with 256MB.