CD-Cover program for own created Audio-CDs available?

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 17:15:31 UTC 2010

Den 2010-10-19 22:53:20 skrev Joep L. Blom <jlblom at neuroweave.nl>:

> Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
>> Den 2010-10-19 12:18:09 skrev Leander Jedamus <ljedamus at googlemail.com>:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I just burned my first Audio-CD with k3b. It is unknown to freedb. Now
>>> want to create a cover for that CD.
>>> What programs are available? I found "disc-cover" and "cdcover". Is
>>> there a graphical solution?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>> Leander Jedamus
>>>

>> A simple one (too simple?) is included in Brasero.
>>
> Johnny,
> I've used glabel but the lack of good printer alignment procedures has
> eventually led me to one of the numerous Windows programs in XP as a
> guest in a virtual environment (I use VMware Player but I assume
> Virtualbox works equally well for this purpose). It is sad but at this
> moment there is no Linux parallel to these programs.
> You can also try if these programs work under Wine but I've not tried
> that.
> Joep

Well, I remember that I used Nero when I had Windows and there was a Cover
editor in it which is not included in the Linux version. It was very
practical to use since all the song titles and information was already
entered before burning, so you had them automatically in the cover
designer as well. Just create a song list and drag it to your preferred
size and the font automatically adapted so everything fits in the square.
Then you could have different fonts, colours and things like that for each
column, like song number, title, info and time. Unfortunately there was no
way to let a long title continue on the next row, but it was very quick to
make a song list that worked in most cases.

But I don't use Nero anymore anyway and I don't even use CDs, so don't
worry about me (I was not the guy who asked the question, I only replied
to it).

--
Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg