sending mail on ubuntu through sendmail

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Wed Oct 20 15:31:46 UTC 2010

On 10/20/2010 09:36 AM, David Fletcher wrote:
> Is everything trash IYHO?

No, only trash is trash.  There is a strict set of guidelines, and
companies can redeem themselves.  Though you could apply  "One mans
trash is another mans treasure" to this situation ;)

> What is wrong with One And One? I only use them for my domain and email, but
> I've never found their servers to be down and whenever I need help I find
> their customer and technical assistance to give me no cause for complaint.
> Yes it did take a couple of tries to find out exactly what I needed to do
> (upgrade my account to a later version) to get the MX edit facility, but
> considering the small amount of money it costs I think the service is pretty
> good.

They cost $1 for normal Linux email hosting, same price as other
providers, same price as one of the most known and best providers (the
company that provides email hosting for companies like Motorola, and
others.)  Granted the other providers don't give you a 50% discount for
the first few months.  The price of cheaper Exchange hosting is outdated
servers and software, they're still running last generation exchange
servers, and you pay $1-4 less a month for that?