sending mail on ubuntu through sendmail

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Wed Oct 20 15:29:39 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 20 Oct 2010, Christopher Chan wrote:

> To be fair, neither did David make any technical statements but he did
> refrain from making broad sweeping remarks about sendmail.

In the past (a good few years ago) I tried and failed to do with sendmail what
I can now easily do with postfix. I don't want it to do much - just relay
mail out of the house and use an alias table to sort it on the way in.

Postfix works for me, sendmail does not work for me.

Oh, and I didn't notice the EXIM4 fanatic posting a step by step solution to
the OP's problem. So his posting was of no help whatsoever to the OP.

Neither has he been any more specific about what exactly is trash about the
email provider which continues to give me an excellent service.

Dave