sending mail on ubuntu through sendmail

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Wed Oct 20 14:36:49 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 20 Oct 2010, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
> On 10/20/2010 03:17 AM, David Fletcher wrote:
> > My advice would be, get rid of sendmail and use postfix instead.
>
> Postfix is trash, get a real MTA, something like EXIM4.
>
> > I subscribe to One And One, who host my domain name.
>
> Please don't.  One and one is trash.

Is everything trash IYHO?

What is wrong with One And One? I only use them for my domain and email, but
I've never found their servers to be down and whenever I need help I find
their customer and technical assistance to give me no cause for complaint.
Yes it did take a couple of tries to find out exactly what I needed to do
(upgrade my account to a later version) to get the MX edit facility, but
considering the small amount of money it costs I think the service is pretty
good.

Dave