How to install and use ubuntu one on ubuntu, short guide needed

Knight knightotp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 14:03:07 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 13:41 +0000, user1 wrote:
> > I am asking in order for ubuntu newbies to learn.
>
> I suggest it to be made into a *.deb package with an install wizard?

IMHO that's a little over the top.

The problem is that there's no KDE client yet.
read: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOne/FAQ#Does Ubuntu One support KDE?

But, you can use GNOME binaries within KDE, of course you need to
install them first. You can use the following command to do so
(according to the above linked page):

sudo apt-get install ubuntuone-client* u1sdtool -c
(did not test this btw)

Good luck with your minihowto's. ;-)

Regards,
--