/var/log gone ?

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 20 09:51:19 UTC 2010

On 20/10/2010 20:41, scott wrote:
> I have just found the weirdest thing, I can't find any /var/log files.
> I'm running 10.04.1 and can't quite wrap my head around this problem. I
> think I've looked at them before, or maybe I got slack and haven't
> looked since I upgraded to 10.04.1...? Is this truely a problem, or am I
> looking in the wrong place.

Have you tried looking in the /var/log directory? :-)

 From command line in terminal,

cd /var/log

or in mc (Midnight Commander) select /var/log

or same in nautilus :-) .

Perhaps yo have zapped the /var/log directory by some means and
therefore cannot find it? As in having some cron setting which wipes
this directory off the face of the earth?

BC

--

"If it weren't for electricity we'd be all watching television by candlelight."
                 George Gobel