cntlm: Proxy returning invalid challenge [SOLVED]

Amedee Van Gasse amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Tue Oct 19 13:10:14 UTC 2010

On Mon, October 18, 2010 16:49, sktsee wrote:

> 1. Fire up wireshark and capture the auth negotiation between your
> machine and the ISA server. Wireshark has expert analysis for a lot of
> differnent protocols, so maybe it will provide a clue as to why the auth
> is failing.

I just made a Wireshark capture on a 'doze pc where it works.

GET blah
Host: blah
Proxy-Authorization: Basic blah    <-- !!! I don't need cntlm at all !!!
Credentials: username:password

Please abuse me with a piledriver and 16 feet of curare-tipped
wrought-iron fence and no lubricants!

<topic closed>