Vim Kung-Fu

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 21:55:59 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-10-17 at 16:48 -0400, Tom H wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2010-10-17 at 10:48 -0700, rikona wrote:

> >> Perhaps hide or delete the ones you don't want?
> >
> > Just musing why the heck they are there in the first place? There seems
> > to be no way to just limit the spreadsheet to the rows and columns I
> > want displayed. Seems weird. Ric
>
> The Gmail contacts list is basically a database and Gmail only gives
> you the option of exporting all of its fields.

No, I meant with OOo importing a csv file, the display gets padded with
a bunch of extra rows and columns past the data of the imported data.
Say the imported csv file is K columns wide. The display shows empty
columns all the way to ZZ. It's just annoying that I can't turn off this
"feature". Ric

Linux user# 44256