Thunderbird email question...???

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 00:20:25 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-10-16 at 14:40 -0500, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-10-16 at 20:25 +0100, Colin Law wrote:
> > On 16 October 2010 18:47, Larry Shields <larryesu at charter.net> wrote:
> > > [..]
> > > *Thanks very much, that was it...Now to remember that when it happens
> > > again...
> >
> > I use Tomboy Notes and have a note for each application.  Any odd tips
> > like this that I fear I will forget I add to the note for that app.
> > Then when I cannot remember how to do something I look in the note in
> > the hope that there may be clues there.
>
> Man, I dislike tomboy so much.  I don't know if it's because I don't
> like Mono (no I'm not anti-mono like all them asshats, I just don't like
> mono, personal preference.) Gotta get GNote, I like GNote a lot. Uses
> less resources too.

Jordon, I just started running OpenSim, which is the open source version
server of Second Life. Yup, you have to run Mono on it. It blew my mind
to be running an exe file at all. Dunno if it's the code or what, but it
IS faster than a similar java project. So, I guess it's the devil in the
details. Use Mono or get nothing done. I would though feel MUCH better
knowing that the project is 100% Open Source. I've been waiting just a
month or two more than 5 years to get this working for me, a 3D
graphical environment that is 100% cross platform. I surely don't mean
to be a sell-out, if using mono makes me one, ...but it works. Ric

Linux user# 44256