Evolution starts as if it was the first time

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 08:21:17 UTC 2010

Hello,

When I start  Evolution, it behaves as if it was the first time, and
presents the settings wizard, although I've been using the program for a
long time now. This started happening today; yesterday everything seemed
normal. When I start Evolution from the command line, the message "EI: MAIL
PREFS" is shown. Update: When I started a new Ubuntu session, and changed
the language from Finnish to English, the command line showed the following,
more verbose message:

** (evolution:2545): CRITICAL **: categories_icon_theme_hack: assertion
`filename != NULL && *filename != '\0'' failed
EI: MAIL PREFS

I can't tell if there's anything missing from the .evolution folder, but at
least my messages are there, and also the config folder with a bunch of
configuration files. Later today I installed a few available Evolution
updates, but the problem stayed.

I'm using Ubuntu version 10.10, to which I upgraded from 10.04 about a week
ago. File system check says everything's OK.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance :-)

-Ari-