Any suggestions, please? -UPDATE - BUT NO JOY -- RESOLVED....WELL SORT OF......

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sun Oct 17 05:00:02 UTC 2010

On 19/09/2010 03:56, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-09-18 at 08:14 -0700, Li Li wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 2010-09-19 at 00:28 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
>>

>>> I bought a pre-loved ASUS A7N8X Deluxe mobo and, using the existing PSU
>>> (which many people, including myself, thought was the culprit) and all
>>> the other bits, the ASUS boots.
>>>
>>> This is the good part.
>>>
>>> The bad part is that I cannot get the whole sheebang to actually work
>>> properly.
>>>
>>> The CPU I have, Athlon XP 3200+ which should be showing as pounding away
>>> at 2200MHz is showing up as a 1100MHz CPU
>>>
> I have the same problem. I'd love to hear of a resolution. But, mine
> will boot from a CD, as I do have my CD set as the first in line to boot
> from. Have you checked that?? Ric

Cannot help out at this point (nor at any point I think :-( ) because
that ASUS mobo seems to have given up the ghost - or if it hasn't I am
not wasting any more time on it. I've been at this for some 4 weeks now
and I *think* I have found the problem which started all this fooling
around. See another post a bit later.

BC

--
I work to live not live to work.