No Sound in Ubuntu 10.10

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Fri Oct 15 19:44:08 UTC 2010

On Friday 15 October 2010, Rob wrote:
> Is anyone else having sound problems in 10.10?  I recently upgraded from
> 10.04 to 10.10 via upgrade manager and now I have no sound.  For the
> life of me, I cannot figger out what the problem is.  If anyone has any
> ideas I'd be grateful to hear them.
>
> Tks,
> RobF

As I allready stated in an answer to another post, for me the problem was
cured by removing Pulseaudio. Maybe I could just have changed the default
settings, but I had no idea where to do that in Ubuntu/Gnome (I used to have
KDE).

Thierry

--
"We live at a time when emotions and feelings count more than truth, an there
is a vast ignorance of science" James Lovelock