Cloning a disk pt2

Ash Wyllie ashw at lr.net
Thu Oct 14 16:37:31 UTC 2010

Hi

I've booted form my USB stick.

I have the hardware, the new disk and the USB to SATA converter. I can see the
drive and can modify it using GParted.

The original straight from Dell drive is still in the laptop. GParted can see
it.

But I can't copy it. GParted information gives a warning

            "Unable to find mount point"

            "Unable to read the contents of this file system!"

I have run backups, but I am not confident that I could restore what I have from
the backups. (one backup shows 4.21GB on the backup partition, the other 19.7GB.
One backup program gave a whole bunch of permission warnings...).

                         -ash
                         Elect Cthulhu!
                         Vote the greater evil.