Help upgrading to 10.10

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Thu Oct 14 15:23:31 UTC 2010

On 14 October 2010 16:14, Tom H <tomh0665 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Google's just as likely to point you to wiki.ubuntu.com as it is to
> point you to help.ubuntu.com.

I have no knowledge of the internals of how Google decides what to go
for. Most 'documentation' resides on doc.ubuntu.com and
help.ubuntu.com so I'd /imagine/ that's where people link to
(hopefully) so that should push those up the ranks. Indeed googling
for ubuntu and upgrade gives only one link to wiki. but two for help.
and one for ubuntu.com.

Not trying to argue, just testing the theory.

> If Ubuntu's got one big weakness, it's its *.ubuntu.com documentation
> both in absolute terms and relative to other distributions. There
> should be a desktop guide similar to the server guide, especially
> since Ubuntu's supposed to be aimed at desktop switchers and there
> should be better content and style quality control.

+1

Al.