warning in perl language not set

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Thu Oct 14 14:42:56 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 15:36 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 14 October 2010 15:25, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just did a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.10.
> > After this the update manager did some updates and on screen I noticed
> > a message perl warning
> > language not set.
> Did you get a screenshot by any chance?
> > Where is this message (which file) I can read so that I search what happened.
> Maybe something is logged in /var/log/apt ?
> > Also in 10.10 aptitude is not present?
> > Has this been dropped out in 10.10.
> It was removed from the default install.
> sudo apt-get install aptitude

Make sure locales is installed, check /etc/default/locale and see what's
going on in there and see if LANGUAGE and LANG are set, make
sure /var/lib/locales/supported.d/local has a language.  Once all that
is fixed, run 'dpkg-reconfigure locales' and you should be good to go.
Aptitude was not in 10.04 either by default and you should opt to use
apt and synaptic now.