Pan newreader

AV3 arvimide at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 14 14:42:11 UTC 2010

On Oct/13/2010 10:1125 PM, Doug Saylor wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 5:22 PM, AV3<arvimide at earthlink.net>  wrote:
>
>> I guess you are a legacy user of newsgroups courtesy of a long-time
>> relationship with Earthlink, like me. Actually, Earthlink gave up its
>> own news service and gives us legacy clients a text-only limited
>> subscription to another news provider, individual.net, IIRC. They
>> changed my access address some time ago to nntp.earthlink.net, so you
>> might try that. I don't know about different subscription provisions
>> outside the U. S.
>
>     I tried nntp.earthlink.net too, but that isn't the problem. I'm
> getting back the error code for a bad user name&/or password. I've
> signed into Earthlink with my user name&  password, so I'm at a lose
> here what to do.
>     I'm not sure what you're referring to re: legacy Earthlink. I rent
> a room, so it's my roommates's account. I don't have a text-only
> subscription.

"Legacy" refers to long-time subscribers to Earthlink, who originally
signed on to newsgroups. While Earthlink discontinued providing
newsgroups as part of its subscription package to new clients, old
clients continue to receive access to their news accounts as a "legacy."
I guess your roommate signed on some time ago.

--
||Arnold VICTOR, New York City, i. e., <arvimideQ at Wearthlink.net>    ||