Upgrading from 10.04.1 to Maverick 10.10 <TID>

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 14 03:41:36 UTC 2010

On 14/10/2010 13:31, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 20:48 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
>

>> No, but I suggest WAR, "Country, City, Country." It'll blow your mind
>> away. Or even, Gypsy Man (WAR).
>>
>> 4-way Jensen speakers, Loudness on, volume at 1/2 - 3/4, at 0200 hours
>> after a flagon or two of red wine..... Wooohoo!
>>
> I just found it on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUwfbtjNMHo

I am LIVID! Whoever uploaded that cut the whole thing short! The full
version is 13:41 long - and without the end bit it loses some of its
essential charm/meaning!

And Gypsy Man is an abomination! Not only is the original 11:45 long but
it is also recorded at a slower speed whereas the one on YouTube has
been speeded up and now sounds tinny.

Even The world is a Ghetto is 10:21 long and not the 8:54 on YuToob.

Bah!

> Was that your comment as "TigerWould" saying "Takes me back to when I
> was young, my hair was long and things that mattered the most were
> women, waves and weed. Parties every week! Damn, those were good times!
> Thanks for my trip down memory lane."
>
> Yeah, that HAD to be you.<cackles>  :) Ric
>
> p/s to stay sorta on topic, it played back flawlessly with 5.1 speaker
> setup using pulse. We'll see what happens when my DVD arrives and I
> install 10.10.

And with no pulseaudio anywhere in sight, I just played the originals of
the above on MY 5.1 using only alsa.....so there.

BC

--
There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he has to take the bull by the tail and face the situation.
                          W C Fields