Pan newreader

AV3 arvimide at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 13 21:22:35 UTC 2010

On Oct/13/2010 1:1530 PM, Doug Saylor wrote:
> I always prefer a fresh install over an upgrade. With Pan, the set-up
> is simple. I'm STILL having trouble, I keep getting:
>
> Unable to connect to "news.east.earthlink.net":
> 481 Invalid username or password
>
> Pan is now offline. Please see "File|Event Log" and correct the
> problem, then use "File|Work Online" to continue.
>
> I've gone ahead&  signed into earthlink with my user name&  password,
> so I know it's correct. "news.east.earthlink.net" is correct. I've
> tried Googling&  I've made absolutly sure everything was entered
> correctly. I'm still stuck. HELP!?

I guess you are a legacy user of newsgroups courtesy of a long-time
relationship with Earthlink, like me. Actually, Earthlink gave up its
own news service and gives us legacy clients a text-only limited
subscription to another news provider, individual.net, IIRC. They
changed my access address some time ago to nntp.earthlink.net, so you
might try that. I don't know about different subscription provisions
outside the U. S.

--
||Arnold VICTOR, New York City, i. e., <arvimideQ at Wearthlink.net>    ||