updated?

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Wed Oct 13 05:32:19 UTC 2010

On 13 October 2010 03:40, Doug <dmcgarrett at optonline.net> wrote:
> So I used the update manager.  It found 9 files, most of them
> starting with the word "erlang" and "updated" them.  Then it
> says the system is up to date--it apparently thinks lucid is the up
> to date version!  Something is not kosher here!

Nope, all working as designed. If you start update manager and install
whatever updates are listed, or do a dist-upgrade it will _not_
upgrade you from 10.04 to 10.10.

I would recommend you read the upgrade guide.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MaverickUpgrades

There are at least 3 ways you go from 10.04 to 10.10 and based on your
mails so far you haven't actually used any of those methods, so it's
not surprising you're stil on 10.04.

Al.