upgrading LTS to LTS

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 12 19:35:09 UTC 2010

On 12 October 2010 14:44, Alan Pope <alan at popey.com> wrote:
> On 12 October 2010 13:54, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On 12 October 2010 12:22, Alan Pope <alan at popey.com> wrote:
>>> In theory, yes.
>>
>> A slightly ambiguous answer there I think.
>
> Deliberately so. There is no way to know now, 18 months before the
> next LTS releases, whether it will be _possible_ to upgrade from LTS
> to LTS. Hence 'in theory'.

That is not what I meant, so obviously my reply was also ambiguous,
sorry  :(  The original question was 'will I be able to upgrade from
LTS to LTS or will I need to upgrade all the intermediate releases'
to which you answered Yes (more or less).  I thought it was not clear
whether you meant yes you will be able to upgrade from LTS to LTS or
yes you will need to go through the intermediate releases.

I was not having a dig, just trying to make sure the answer was clear,
at which I failed miserably.

Colin