could not calculate the upgrade

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 12 13:04:50 UTC 2010

On 12 October 2010 13:15, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you say some addition (which I have not done IIRC)
> is in sources.lst and updgrade fails because of this reason
> and this is what is making the update manager go buggy then
>  this clearly shows a fault with your update manager.
> I did not installed an update manager from any third party source.
> The complete information regarding the sources.list file I have posted
> in this thread.
> Is any one reading this?

Yes, but I think we are all getting a bit fed up with your questions.
You have installed the xorg-edgers s/w and have to remove it, not just
remove the source.  Go to the xorg-edgers web site and find how to
purge the ppa files and restore the original ubuntu versions.  I
cannot guarantee this is the source of the problem however.

What do you mean when you say 'a fault with your update manager'.  It
does not belong to anyone here, we are just a group of people trying
to help others.  We have tried hard to help you but you have not made
it easy.

To suggest that the xorg ppa got into your system without you doing
anything is ridiculous I believe.  You may not have realised you were
doing it but you must have done something.  Unless someone else has
access.

Also please don't copy me on the email I do not require two copies.  Thanks.

Colin