usb dvd writer driver needed

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 12 08:36:05 UTC 2010

On 12/10/2010 06:22, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-10-11 at 14:37 +0530, Tapas Mishra wrote:

>>> You probably want lsusb not lspci.
>>>

>> Ok here it lsusb
>> http://paste.ubuntu.com/510757/
>> which one is corresponding to my USB DVD writer.
>>
> try plugging the DVD write in, reboot, and see if it's recognized.

You ARE a masochist, ain't you? :'( .  And you don't even follow your
own signature line:

Only the former may be overcome."

You will now have to answer the question, "What do you mean by DVD write
in? Can you give you me the book where this explained?"

BC

--
There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he has to take the bull by the tail and face the situation.
                          W C Fields