Error Message HELP

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 13:02:52 UTC 2010

On 10/11/2010 06:45 AM, Bill Wright wrote:
> fter updating to 10.10 yesterday I have been getting this error message
>
> modprobe:fatal:could not load /lib/modules/2.6.35.22 generic
> modules.dep: no such file or directory
>
> After that error message everything boots and works fine
>
> How can I fix this without reinstalling the os?

         Open a terminal and then check what is in /lib/modules/ . You
should see all the grub files you have which might be just 2 on a new
system. See if there IS a 2.6.35.22 since on my 10.04 I do not have that
grub listed.

     It is possible that modprobe has a problem too. Check things and
write back to this list.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI