Importing Mail in TB3

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Tue Oct 12 01:03:45 UTC 2010

On 10-10-11 07:43 PM, Wade Smart wrote:
> Ive had some difficulty with TB3 but Im getting there.
> I have a few mail accounts that I check for the soccer leagues.
> Its just a std pop account.
> Ive already been using the account as its setup on TB3 but I have lots
> of mail still from my TB2 setup.
>
> 1) I saw a import feature for mail - if I use that will any mail I have
> been deleted?
>
> 2) Does the import feature work vs just pulling over the mail boxes and
> dropping them in the file structure?
>
> Wade

As far as I know, Thunderbird doesn't import mail from itself.  (The
import feature is for migrating from other mail programs, from a limited
selection.)  Copying the mail files into the directory structure is what
you want.  I would first create a new subfolder where you can drop the
whole lot without worrying about overwriting existing files.