exporting csv contacts from gmail account to openoffice spreadsheet

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 20:00:22 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-11 at 23:36 +0530, Tanmoy Chatterjee wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Means go back and read what Rashkae wrote.
> >>
> >> I've opened up my CVS list with 1,800+ records, with more than a dozen
> >> fields each, using OOo. It's comma delimited. Go back and read what he
> >> wrote you and do that. It's dead simple and will always work, if you
> >> haven't ~played~ with the file. If you have run some script against it,
> >> or tried to use some editor on it, you're dead in the water, no one can
> >> help. Generate a fresh CVS file and work with that one.
> >>
> >> CVS is a very easy format to import. OOo has no problems with that, if
> >> you do as he wrote a bunch of letters ago. This is why people are
> >> starting to get on your ass, you ignore good advice.
> >> And, Noop is correct, this is not the Open Office forum. You may ask,
> >> but no one has to reply. So, when you get a perfectly good response and
> >> that isn't good enough, count on getting the lecture. Ric
> >>

> > There was no good advice.Till now including yours.
> I have similar experience.
> > Since you people do not know how to deal with an issue you people are
> > hiding your incompetence by giving such stuff.
> I could not agree more - try some other user's list - more
> knowledgeable and serious user's are elsewhere - at least they will
> not act like "know's all high-school teacher" - always looking for the
> opportunities to lecture.

He was given the correct answer, and made the choice to not use it. He
was also advised to try the OOo group. Evidently he also made the choice
not to. I told him to re-generate the file and try that, as OOo has no
problems importing CVS files, as I have done that with HUGE CVS files,
as possibly his is corrupt. He says my advice is unwelcome. I do think
he needs to take his problem elsewhere, if he finds our assistance not
sufficient. Ric

Linux user# 44256